Brought to you by Cookoff Before Kickoff
- 2 lbs. jumbo shrimp, deveined with the shells left on
- 2 Tbsp. Creole seasoning
- 2 sticks butter
- 1/2 cup Coke®
- 1/4 cup Lea & Perrins®
- 1 Tbsp. hot sauce (Louisiana-style)
- Juice of one lemon
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- Prepare the grill to cook direct at 375°F.
- In a pan on the grill, melt the butter.
- Add the Coke® , Lea & Perrins® , hot sauce, lemon juice, garlic, thyme, oregano, basil, pepper, paprika and bay leaves. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Season the shrimp with the Creole seasoning and toss them to mix well.
- Add the shrimp to the grill on a perforated grid or skewered.
- Cook the shrimp and the sauce for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer the shrimp to the sauce and toss to mix well.
- Cook for another 8 to 10 minutes until the shrimp are fully cooked.
- Transfer the shrimp and sauce to a platter and serve with crusty bread for dipping.