Most offices are a melting pot of personality types. This quiz will help you figure out where your personality fits in.
- Your boss says he needs everyone to come in on Saturday to finish a big project. Your response is:
- "Let's finish this tonight!"
- Volunteer to bring the donuts and coffee
- Write out the agenda for what needs to get done
- Be the last one to leave Friday night and the first one in Saturday morning
- At the office holiday party, you were the guy:
- Ordering drinks for everyone
- Starting the conga line
- Making sure all of the food and drinks came out properly
- Dancing, schmoozing and helping with the post-party cleanup
- You're in line for a promotion. You think:
- You've got this
- All the candidates, including yourself, are good choices
- Be punctual, mind your posture, give a firm handshake
- Good thing you kept a record of all your ideas and solutions that the company has implemented
- Around the water cooler, you:
- Steer the conversation
- Say hello to all who walk by
- Think of more efficient places for the water cooler
- Get your drink and walk right back to your desk
- Your nickname at work is:
- The Mayor
To determine your office personality, add up your score by giving yourself 1 point for every a. answer, 2 for every b., 3 for every c. and 4 for every d.
Alpha Male: You're top dog in your office. You lead the pack and are willing to take charge
Mr. Morale: You're engaging, personable and always positive about your environment.
The Facilitator: You're the straw that stirs the drink — and makes sure the drink is properly prepared.
Go-Getter: You're well-reasoned, ambitious and goal-oriented in all situations.
No matter your office personality is, you should always dress for success. Check out attire terms you should know.